Re: [g-a-devel]Ghex - Is Variable No. Of Items in a Menu Bar OK?

Thanks for the input Padraig, I will check and get back to you about the
"children-changed" signal.

Regards,
Hema.

Padraig O'Briain wrote:

> Hema,
>
> I am not sure whether it works correctly but a "children-changed" signal ought
> to be emitted on the AtkObject corresponding to the GtkMenuBar when items are
> added or deleted.
>
> Let me know if it does not work correctly.
>
> Padraig
>

> > Hello,
> >
> > When the ghex application is launched, the following items show up on
> > the Menu Bar - _File, _Tools, _Settings, Fi_les, and _Help.
> >
> > If a file is opened, the 2 new items, _Edit and _View are added.  So we
> > now have - _File, _Edit , _View ,  _Tools, _Settings, Fi_les, and _Help.
> >
> > Multiple files can be opened, and when the last open file is closed,
> > these two items are removed from the Menu Bar.
> >
> > Is this ok from an accessibility/usability perspective? Could an
> > information gap occur between an AT and the application if such a
> > dynamic redraw of the GUI happens?
> >
> > I would like some help on this.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Hema.

Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited
is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any
use, copying or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL
in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.