Re: [g-a-devel]KeyNav in Menu Bar Applet (Bug # 74888)

Padraig,

It appears that keynav to and from out-of-process applets in the panel is broken. Once you've navigated to an out-of-process applet, keynav within that applet doesn't work. So you can't do a shift-f10 to bring up that applet's context menus, and it seems that sometimes, you can't press f10 to get back to the panel. You sorta get stuck in that applet. Any ideas why this is happening? It's a big show-stopper for me.

Marc

At 11:14 AM 3/26/2002 +0000, Padraig O'Briain wrote:
Hema,

> To: "Padraig O'Briain" <padraig obriain Sun COM>
> CC: gnome-accessibility-devel gnome org, calum benson Sun COM
> Subject: Re: [g-a-devel]KeyNav in Menu Bar Applet (Bug # 74888)
>

> Padriag,
>
> I first set focus in my applet using tab. Then when I press 'f10' - I
> get the first menu.

At this point do you use arrow keys or Tab keys or both to navigate the menus?

When using the menu bar applet in a different provess does pressing the F10 key
get the first menu?

Padraig

> Once I have the menu open... I can use <control> <tab> and traverse
> across applets. Example: from my applet to the foobar widget to clock
> widget and back.
>
> Regards,
> Hema.
>
> Padraig O'Briain wrote:
> >
> > Hema,
> >
> > I would first like to understand how the in-process menu bar applet works.
How
> > do you get focus on the in-process menu bar applet. Is it by pressing F10 or
do
> > you just use the Tab keys?
> >
> > My original concern was not with the arrow keys but the initial problem of
how
> > to get focus on the menu bar applet in the separate process.
> >
> > Padraig

> > > To: "Padraig O'Briain" <Padraig Obriain sun com>
> > > CC: gnome-accessibility-devel gnome org, Calum Benson
<calum benson sun com>
> > > Subject: [g-a-devel]KeyNav in Menu Bar Applet (Bug # 74888)
> > >

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > The Menu Bar Applet is essentially a menu bar that runs as a separate
> > > process. I am unable to navigate thru the menus in this applet via up -
> > > down arrow keys.
> > >
> > > I created a similar menu bar in an in-process applet and that was
> > > key-navigable. And the same menubar was not navigable in any other
> > > applet that ran as a separate process.
> > >
> > > From Padraig's mail below, I understand that the problem exists because
> > > the up-down key events are received by the panel's Window and are not
> > > getting communicated to the applet which is in a separate Window??
> > > (Padraig, am I right, here?)
> > >
> > > I am not very clear if the bug is a GtkSocket/GtkPlug related or if
> > > Panel should be somehow sending that event to Menu Bar's window?
> > >
> > > Calum, could you also please tell us what you would expect for Menu Bar
> > > Applet?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Hema.

> > keynav