[g-a-devel]Re: Clarification on keynav for gtkentry and gtkcombo!
- From: Calum Benson <calum benson sun com>
- To: Narayana Pattipati <narayana pattipati wipro com>
- Cc: "gnome-accessibility-devel gnome org" <gnome-accessibility-devel gnome org>
- Subject: [g-a-devel]Re: Clarification on keynav for gtkentry and gtkcombo!
- Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:21:17 +0000
Narayana Pattipati wrote:
> But there is another proposal(with out droping down the list also,
> user can/should navigate through entries using
> Up/Down/Home/End/PgUp/PgDown keys). In that case, what should
> Home/End do.?? Should it follow entry's bahaviour and go to the
> last character in the line.??
Yes, I would say Home/End should still follow the entry field's
behaviour. I think it would be bad to break the behaviour of Home and
End that people have learned in other entry fields.
Up/Down/PgUp/PgDn can still cycle through the list as you described
above though, since those keys have no other meaning in a regular entry
Thanks for spotting this inconsistency, I'll update the keynav spec to
reflect this when I have a chance.
CALUM BENSON, Usability Engineer Sun Microsystems Ireland
mailto:calum benson ireland sun com Desktop Engineering Group
http://www.sun.ie +353 1 819 9771
Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Sun Microsystems
] [Thread Prev