[g-a-devel]Application addition and removal

Yes, I thought of this, but I don't think... that desktops have a pointer to their registry, so there didn't seem to be a non-hackish way to do it this way. Maybe there's a better way to do this, and if someone has a preferrable approach, I can change it.

Maybe the right approach is to give each desktop a pointer to its registry and then just emit the event notifications directly...

Marc

At 07:16 PM 3/15/2002 +0000, Bill Haneman wrote:

>BTW: does that solution for application addition and removal look
>right to you?

I think so but I didn't get time to think very hard about it.

I think what you meant by the first idea only working "if atk-bridge is
loaded" was that if atk-bridge isn't in the process space (for
instance, in the registry) then the events don't get propagated.

So that seems right to me (your conclusion).  Though I think it
could be done without defining new signals, since the desktop
objects live in the registryd process space and you could just
emit the object:child_changed events directly via the
CORBA notification methods...

-Bill

>Thanks for the catch.

no problem!