Re: [g-a-devel]Accessibility support in Glade

Damon Chaplin wrote:

[regarding nested <accessibility> elements]
> I mean for the table row & column descriptions, like your example:

Yes, right.  I think you're correct that libglade doesn't
parse this yet.

> I can't see any code in libglade to handle this.
> I'm not entirely sure what it should do, but I need to study the ATK API
> a bit more.

I believe you can call atk_table_set_column_header (table, atkobject),
etc.

That means that the libglade code would need to instantiate new
AtkObject instances for the headers.  I believe that AtkObject
instances created via g_object_new (ATK_TYPE_OBJECT, NULL)
would suffice for now, though that's really the base class it's
not an "abstract" base class.

> > > I've added a libglade bug about making action descriptions translatable:

> 'translatable' attribute, so intltool can find them. But currently the
> atkaction description is an attribute, so we can't mark it.

Now I get it ;-)

> > > (By the way, do you have an a11y icon I can use for the notebook tab?)
> >
> > No; as I said I am not keen on using an icon here.
>
> What would you prefer?
>
> >  We don't have any good
> > ones...

> That's a shame. I thought that one would look good, and be fairly
> obvious to most people (and get more attention!).

As the link below indicates, the wheelchair symbol should only
be used for mobility issues.  We'd have to use it in combination
with the low-vision icon on the same page.

-Bill