[g-a-devel]Re: AccessibleApplication_pause/resume ...

>Subject: AccessibleApplication_pause/resume ...
>From: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
>To: Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com>
>Date: 08 Mar 2002 09:59:16 +0000
>
>Hi Bill,
>
>	Just writing my at-poke application, and it seems that while we
have
>pause/resume there is no way to get the current status of an
>applications' pause/resumeness ...
>
>	Is this a problem ?

Hmm, I think not a big one.

pause/resume are intended for use by (overloaded) ATs.

If there are two ATs, and one is overloaded, it's probably
best for the second one to block along with the first
if pause is called.

My guess is that just making pause/resume increment/decrement
a counter would solve most issues (i.e. two ATs could
call pause, both would have to call resume before
the app restarted).

Further speculation should probably wait until we are actually
implementing/using this API before we decide what else
is required, we can add API later more safely than we can
now (in the absence of experience with the use cases).

-Bill

>		Michael.
>
>--
> mmeeks gnu org  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot

------
Bill Haneman x19279
Gnome Accessibility / Batik SVG Toolkit
Sun Microsystems Ireland