Re: [g-a-devel]Panel accessibility

JAYARAJ P R wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question related to panel.
>
> In the panel, click on "Actions" -> Run. This opens a new "Run Program"
> window.
> Here one can scroll through the list of applications. When the focus is on
> one
> item in the list ferret shows the following
>
> Widget Name : No Widget
> Accessible Type : GailContainerCell
> Accessible Name : (unknown)
> Parent Accessible Type : GailTreeView
> Parent Accessible Name : NULL
> Accessible Description : NULL
> Accessible Role : table-cell
>
> I'm trying to set the accessible name to the string that is displayed in
> each
> entry along with the pixmap in the treeview. The question here is what is
> the
> gtk widget corresponding to GailContainerCell ?

There isn't one, that's why ferret says "no widget" ;-)

The AtkObject in question (GailContainerCell)
is a 'lightweight' AtkObject, meaning that it has no
backing GtkWidget.  The UI component corresponding to the
AtkObject is the table cell.

I suggest that you create a new utility or modify ferret to
expose more of the widget hierarchy so that you see what the
children of the container cell are; one or more of these children
may already have the 'name' information you are looking to provide.

I think that the additional test tools really need to be written
before too much more work like this (assessment of how to
provide accessibility for applets/apps) is done.  The main
one required seems to be a tool that exposes the
AtkObject hierarchy (and the corresponding atk_object_get_name/
description return values) for the UI in much the same way that
gle exposes the widget hierarchy.

Best regards,

Bill