[g-a-devel]Atktext for GtkHex Custom Widget.

Hello,

I am looking at providing accessibility for Ghex. This application has
the following custom widget,

Custom Widget : gtkhex
Parent Class : GtkFixedClass

gtkhex is the widget that is rendered on the main screen of the
application when a file is opened. The hierarchy is as follows,

   -> GtkHex
          |---->GtkDrawingArea
          |---->GtkDrawingArea
          |---->GtkDrawingArea
          |---->GtkVScrollbar

The address offset, the Hex dump & the ASCII format of the selected file
is loaded into the three drawing areas. The Hex dump & ASCII format form
the editor.

Apart from providing ATK relation between the drawing areas, I think
AtkText & AtkEditableText needs to be implemented here.

I am not clear at what level in the hierarchy I need to implement these
interfaces.

I thought I could do that at the GtkDrawing area level. But, from Bill's
response to Stock Ticker applet accessibility, I have the following
doubts:

1. One approach is to implement AtkText on the GtkDrawingArea using a
new subclass. But this would mean substantial changes to the application
code where we need to provide separate initialization functions
(class_init, get_type etc) for the new subclass.

2. The other approach possibly is to override the get_accesible() method
of the GtkDrawingArea? In this case too, a new subclass and a factory
would be required. Am I right or is there a way to do this without using
a new subclass and also not affecting other GtkDrawingAreas?

Or is there another method I am unaware of? Please help me out on this.

Regards,
Hema.

Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited
is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any
use, copying or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL
in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.