Re: [g-a-devel]Accessibility for cdplayer applet

For anything that is defined as a "property" a "notify" signal is emitted when
the value of the property changes. Accessible name and accessible description
are defined as properties. This means that a "notify" signal is emitted when the
value changes even if the object does not have focus.

See atk_object_class_init() in atk/atkobject.c for the properties which are
defined for AtkObject.

Of course, one can ignore the notification and check the value when focus
notification is received but we cannot avoid emitting the notification.

The concern about performance was that we would be emitting a notification,
possibly every second, when the time elapsed is updated. As the GUI needs to be
updated the extra cost of doing the notification is probably not something to
worry about.

Padraig