RE: [g-a-devel]Accessibility for cdplayer applet

Yes, this could introduce performance issues, but I'm not sure what good alternative exists, since an assistive technology would want to know about changes. Anyone else have thoughts?

marc

At 08:16 AM 3/1/2002 +0530, Mukund wrote:
Marc,

> then just emit name-changed and description-changed
> when they
> change so the AT can know about the changes.

This would mean the emission happen frequently since one of
the fields under discussion is Time. Wouldn't that be a
performance issue ? Hope am not missing something here.

Cheers,
Mukund.

> At 03:58 PM 2/28/2002 +0000, Padraig O'Briain wrote:
>

> > > HI,

> box. Buttons already

> gtk-buttons. The
> > track

description?

> > > E.g. : for a stop button the tooltip is "Stop". I
thought
> i could set
> > > this as the accessible name and set description as
"Click
> this button to
> > > stop" Is that o.k. ?
> >
> >What you are saying is that the tooltip is inadequate.
Your
> other option
> >would
> >be to change the tooltip. I have no opinion on the best
approach.

> > > In case this lengthy description is not required then
> could do away
> > > with what the tooltip gives me.

> accessible name and
> here does not
> > react to
widget.
> But considering an
tree
> of accessible

> time elapsed?
> > >
> > > The time elapsed is drawn using a
> gtk_image_new_from_pixbuf. If i do a
> > > get accessible for the image and set the AtkObject
name
> to : time [
> > > which i plan to get from

cdrom_deveice_status_t.relative_address.minute/second ].
> Then would that
> > > be o.k ?
> > >
> > > The description could be more descriptive, like "time
elapsed is :
> > > <time>"
> > >
> > > And i do the same mentioned for track information.
> > >
> > > What is your opinion
> > >

> >I believe that there have been discussions questioning
the
> appropriateness of
> >using name and description for values which change but I
was
> not paying
> >attention. Perhaps Marc has a view on this.
> >
> >Could you implement AtkValue for information such as time
elapsed and
> >description would identify the units.
> >
> >I am not sure whether a similar approach would work for
> track information.
> >
> >Padraig
> >

> > > Thanks,
> > > Deepa.