Re: [g-a-devel]Re: ORBit2 event delivery

On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 17:21, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 11:57, Bill Haneman wrote:
> > Unfortunately I don't see this working for us, since there are common
> > cases where we create *lots* of accessible objects without backing
> > widgets (e.g. tables, etc).  The lifecycle of those objects must be
> > controlled by the requesting clients, which are remote.
>
> 	Well - all those accessibles have to be associated with widgets to be
> at all useful :-) and furthermore, they have to be lifecycle coupled to
> them too unless you want to segv all over the shop I imagine.
> 	Ah - but an immortal object quietly accepts and ignores ref/unrefs so
> it's not a problem to have the code still around that does that.

Well, the issue becomes harder when you have, say, a gnumeric
spreadsheet with zillions of cells, and as you navigate around it you
keep creating "accessibles" that live as long as the sheet widget
does... not good really, your local cache of cell objects just keeps
growing, and growing, and...

> 	But either way, after our phone call I think we can cope nicely with
> simply a new POA policy, and making linc block after a suitable large
> buffer has built up.

Yes, thanks a *lot* for looking at this.  I have filed bugzilla bugs
85039 (linc), 85040 ORBit2 POA), and there are several at-spi bugs
depending on 85040: 84898, 84900, 84908.

Best regards,

-Bill