Re: [g-a-devel]patch for gnopernicus; gnome-speech IDL change

On Tue, 2002-06-04 at 13:58, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> On Tue, 2002-06-04 at 12:23, Bill Haneman wrote:
> > I have just committed a patch to gnome-speech which fixes a problem with
> > installation of the IDL files.  In the process (and with Marc's OK) I
> > changed the interface name to omit the "GNOME" prefix, to bring it in
> > line with other IDL (since SynthesisDriver.idl was not actually in the
> > GNOME module).
>
> 	That sucks. The correct thing to do is to namespace it properly, inside
> a registered namespace, in accordance with the namespacing guidelines
> and accepted practice.

Obviously accepted practice is not so obvious.  As you point out only a
few components in the GNOME stack actually are using the GNOME namespace
at the moment.

I have no objection to using the GNOME namespace, but as I infer above
the "established pattern" in GNOME did not appear to match your
recommendation above.  At any rate the gnome-speech IDL was not using
GNOME, though the activation string was, which was broken.

-Bill