Re: [g-a-devel]leaked objects - basic reference counting tutorial

Hi David,

On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 11:58, David Bolter wrote:
> We are not relying on them :-)  I was just curious since when we shut
> the gok down we do some unref'ing.  *If* we successfully reduce our refs
> to 0 (balance our refs) during shutdown, and then call SPI_exit(), will
> there be any complaints from the at-spi?

	It should be the case that there are no complaints - modulo any leaks
in at-spi itself :-)

> I am currently in the process of scouring for potential places where we
> are not unref'ing where we should be...  (i've caught some and will be
> doing a put back hopefully today)

	Great.

> Also, I notice some warnings coming out of report_leaked_ref in
> spi_main.c...  any info on what might have caused these two invalid
> leaked objects?   Is it something gok might be responsible for?
>
> Warning: AT-SPI error: getName: Unknown CORBA exception id:
> 'IDL:omg.org/CORBA/BAD_OPERATION:1.0'

	Looks like this object pointed to something that abnormally terminated
in a nasty way - so ... you still have a leak, it's just to a dead
object - for whatever reason - perhaps the remote app crashed.

	HTH,