Re: [g-a-devel]regression test fails

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 05:08:38PM +0000, Bill Haneman wrote:
> Ben said:
>
> >Hi Michael,
> >

> >> Are you using HEAD at-spi from CVS ?
> >
> >yes, i'm using a mirror so i get stuff that is half a day old ... or so.
> >
> >i just updated gail and at-spi from cvs. i still get the same regression
> >test
> >failure when i run it by itself.  test-simple just sits at the following
> >point if registryd is running in another terminal. no output is produced
> >by registryd.
> >
> >ben booya:/gnome/head/cvs/at-spi$ test/test-simple
> >GTK Accessibilty Module initialized

> >Testing keyboard listeners ...
> >Application registered & listening
> >

> >any ideas on this one?
> >

> >ben
>
> I take it you've made sure no registryd processes are already running
> (bonobo-slay will
> do the trick).  Also you rebuilt via autogen, etc., right ?

yes, i am using bonobo-slay and i'm using the vbs so i use autogen.

> I've seen this behavior, I believe I had to update my software stack and
> rebuild,
> making sure I was using the correct gnome2 environment - it seemed to be
> caused by
> incompatible headers or versions of GNOME 2 libraries.  About what vintage
> is the rest
> of your GNOME 2 stack ?

the rest of gnome2 is about 1.5 weeks old. i was thinking about doing and
update soon.

> test-simple is working for me (and Michael also, I presume) so it's a
> matter of finding
> the "diffs" between our setups.

yep, but i'm doing this with debian testing now so it might not be that that
easy. i have the tests passing some of the time with redhat 7.1. see
forthcoming
response to Michael for details on that.

ben