[g-a-devel]Re: Ghost-View(ggv): Extracting text from GtkGs Widget

On Thu, 2002-02-14 at 16:32, Rajkumar Sivasamy wrote:
> Hi,
> Am trying to implement accessibility for the "Ghost View Application"
> (ggv).
> For implementing accessibility for the view-port (Document displayed, &
> it's a GtkGs widget), we need to export the "Text" (text of document) to
> the AT.
>
> My Observations:
> (1) The display area is a GtkGs widget
> (2) The contents of the file ("*.ps") are extracted and passed to the
> "gs" through a socket.
> (3) From the line no. 970 in "gtkgs.c" which says:
>         "bytes_written=write(gs->interpreter_input,
well, this is actually postscript code piped to ghostscript. to
correctly extract text from it, you'd have to write a full postscript
interpreter, ie clone ghostscript in ggv, which would be quite a
difficult task... so I suppose ggv will never be really accessible.

btw, ggv for GNOME 2 is just undergoing a major rewrite. you should keep
track of the latest CVS stuff if you intend to add any functionalty to
it.

regards,
	jaKa

--