[g-a-devel]Re: Ghost-View(ggv): Extracting text from GtkGs Widget
- From: Jaka Mocnik <jaka activetools si>
- To: Rajkumar Sivasamy <rajkumar siva wipro com>
- Cc: jrb redhat com, jaka gnu org, "gnome-accessibility-devel gnome org" <gnome-accessibility-devel gnome org>
- Subject: [g-a-devel]Re: Ghost-View(ggv): Extracting text from GtkGs Widget
- Date: 16 Feb 2002 18:40:40 +0100
On Thu, 2002-02-14 at 16:32, Rajkumar Sivasamy wrote:
> Am trying to implement accessibility for the "Ghost View Application"
> For implementing accessibility for the view-port (Document displayed, &
> it's a GtkGs widget), we need to export the "Text" (text of document) to
> the AT.
> My Observations:
> (1) The display area is a GtkGs widget
> (2) The contents of the file ("*.ps") are extracted and passed to the
> "gs" through a socket.
> (3) From the line no. 970 in "gtkgs.c" which says:
well, this is actually postscript code piped to ghostscript. to
correctly extract text from it, you'd have to write a full postscript
interpreter, ie clone ghostscript in ggv, which would be quite a
difficult task... so I suppose ggv will never be really accessible.
btw, ggv for GNOME 2 is just undergoing a major rewrite. you should keep
track of the latest CVS stuff if you intend to add any functionalty to
email: jaka gnu org
] [Thread Prev