[g-a-devel]checking Accessible* validity

Has anyone written (from the at-client perspective) a function to check the validity of an Accessible*?

I think most of us clients are queueing and storing such pointers, and it is possible to cause badness when they are defunct. I recently noticed that gedit does not seem to emit the same defunct events for the case where it is closed using the file - quit option as opposed to pressing the close box.

You should be able to confirm this using event-listener-test -m in at-spi/test

So given that objects can possibly go defunct without client knowledge, is there a way a client can check the validity of its stored Accessible*? Or is it the case that we must deal with them when we pop the queue and not store interfaces (e.g. Accessible*) to them longer than that?

cheers,

David Bolter