Re: [g-a-devel]grabFocus ...

Hi Padraig,

On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 14:58, Padraig O'Briain wrote:
> I know that it is over three months since the question was asked but
>  better late than never...

	:-) Horay, it'd be a nice at-poke demo if I could get that to work; I'd
be a happy man ;-)

> The problem with the grab focus button in at-poke is that the underyling
> implementation, i.e. gail_widget_grab_focus() which implements
> atk_component_grab_focus() does call gtk_window_present() to make sure that the
> window contaiing the widget has keyboard focus.

	Yes; hmm - nasty one really. Hard to know what to do; but a present
might be acceptable, I know not the ramifications of this - I'd ask
Havoc personally - he'd know.

	Also; I think I'm going to have to add an 'async' 'doAction' method,
since currently it's a roundtrip thing, and it seems if you 'do' an
action such as 'Open' which throws up a file dialog; you get to block
at-poke in the CORBA mainloop waiting for the Open dialog to return.

	[ That's normally fine for an AT since they don't have GUI's but
somewhat sub-optimal. Sadly it needs new cspi API to make it
asynchronous really ].