[g-a-devel]Need Info on Gnome Panel Theme Bug 89063

[Sorry my previous mail had a wrong mailing list id for
desktop-devel-list, pls. ignore it]

Hi,
The existing Panel menu icons are not themable and the proposed solution
for this is to use GtkIconFactory to render the panel icons.

We have some issues/queries on using GtkIconFactory for panels and am
quoting Mark Mc's comments on this,

a)How do we theme the icons associated with `.desktop files' in a rc
file ?

b)For all the standard panel icons, like the ones in the Actions menu,
should we register these with the default icon factory and use
gtk_image_new_from_stock there too ?

c)The panel uses GnomeIconLoader to search for icons. This implements
the 'Icon Theme Specification' from www.freedesktop.org. Does it not
make more sense to replace the icon selected at runtime using icon
themes ? Admittedly, the RC file is the best place to specify the
required icon size.

Pls. pour in your comments...

Regards,
Raj.