Re: [g-a-devel] Table cell selection (was: Notebook's selection interface ...)

Michael Meeks wrote:

> > Actually the individual cells should be selected via
> > AtkSelection/Accessibility_Selection, via the normal mechanism for
> > containers.
>
>         Quite possibly - but it didn't work; does it now ?

Yes, well I believe that GtkTreeView does not support
cell selection (only row selection), so this is a theoretical
perspective at the moment (unless I'm mistaken).

There is a complication with GtkTreeView since it seems to have
two "selection-like" notions; a selected row (which we report via
the Selection interface and should also report via the Table
selection API), and a "currently focussed" cell.

It's not clear how we can express that via our current API,
so what we are doing (I believe) is generating "focus" events
for the currently "boxed" child, while reserving the "selected"
state for items in the currently selected row.

I suppose that we could use Table row selection for the
GtkTreeView row selection, and cell selection for the
"focussed" child, but it seems semantically inconsistent to
decouple row/column selection from child selection in this way.

Regards,

-Bill