Re: [g-a-devel]GtkStatus thing ...

Michael Meeks wrote:

> Hi Padraig,
>
> On Tue, 2002-03-19 at 08:51, Padraig O'Briain wrote:
> > Currently for GtkStatusbar, in gailsttausbar.c, we report the text on the label
Michael wrote...
>         It would seem to me that a name is a static thing eg. 'Status bar'
> whereas the Text interface exports something that can change - and the
> status bar changes it's contents extremely frequently.
>
>         It'd be good to firm up what the name is good for vs. the Text
> interface.

For what it's worth (noting that it's late in the game now),
I think text-change events might be friendlier for GtkStatusbar than
the (current) accessible-name property change events.

So I would maybe vote for exposing AtkText here, but it's an
enhancement we could add post-2.0 I expect.

-Bill