[g-a-devel]Re: AccessibleImage ...

Michael Meeks wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
>         I'm trying to understand why we have:
>
> void
> AccessibleImage_getImagePosition (AccessibleImage *obj,
>                                   long int *x,
>                                   long int *y,
>                                   AccessibleCoordType ctype);
>
> void
> AccessibleImage_getImageExtents (AccessibleImage *obj,
>                                  long int *x,
>                                  long int *y,
>                                  long int *width,
>                                  long int *height,
>                                  AccessibleCoordType ctype);
>
>         And how these differ from the AtkComponent interface methods of similar
> names ? and if that is useful.

Yep, AtkComponent defines the geometry of the whole component,
AtkImage defines the geometry of embedded images.  So for instance
in the case of a button with an icon in it (which advertises itself
as both an AtkComponent and an AtkImage), the button extents are
given by AtkComponent, and the icon extents by AtkImage.

The fact that only one image is allowed per AtkObject is a known
limitation, if you need multiple images then you must expose
container behavior.

Regards,

Bill

p.s. - apologies for the late reply, catching up on pre-CSUN/GUADEC
email.