Re: [g-a-devel]Re: [G2R] Re: gail-1.0.pc.in

Hi Bill,

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Bill Haneman wrote:
> If we go this route we need to be sure that the GTK_MODULES loading
> mechanism continues to work for GTK+ apps and that it does not clash
> with gnome_program_foo code.

        Of course.

> I am dubious because I think that GTK+ apps (i.e. apps that don't use
> gnome-program) can use widgets that we need to add support for, so our
> extension mechanism probably should not be tied to g-p.

        In which case, either (again) you are implicitely relying on the
user to type in a different GTK_MODULES line depending on whether he is
using an app with the canvas or not - or you're pulling in redundant
libraries ( the canvas, libxml, libxslt, gtkhtml2 etc. ) to a pure Gtk
app.

        Hmm.