Gnome on SunBlade 100

Hi All,
   I just installed Gnome 2.0 (Sun's beta release) on my SunBlade 100 running
Solaris 8.  My machine has 2 heads on it and I understand 2.0 supports multiple
monitors, but I'm only getting one to come up.  The 2nd one appears to be half
working as I can drag my mouse pointer to it, but the screen is blank and
doesn't respond to any mouse clicks.  A second problem I have is logging on to
my workstation as root, under CDE I have no problems, but Gnome just kicks me
off and redisplays the logon screen.  Any assistance on either of these issue
will be greatly appreciated.