Re: Gnome2 installer

Am Mon, 2002-06-17 um 15.03 schrieb Florian Winger:
> i have little trouble with installing Gnome2. I found the Gnome Installer
> (installer-rpm-glibc2.2-i386) on the Gnome.org homepage. Actually I thought
> this will automatically install the latest version, which is Gnome2 or? But this
> has installed the 1.4 version. Is there an installer for Gnome2, too?? If
> not where can I get the rpms for SuSE 7.1 or SuSE 8.0??

The easiest way to get a GNOME 2 Desktop (i think that you want the easy
way, because you were talking about rpms) is to go to www.ximian.com and
get your XIMIAN Desktop for SuSE 7.1 or 8.0. When using Red Carpet you
simlpay subscribe to the GNOME 2 Channel (don't remember it's name
correctly), install GNOME 2 and you are happy (at least you should be).

--
sven