Re: Hrm...Trace/breakpoint trap after assertion failure

Hi Jason

On 23 Jan 2002, Jason A. Pfeil wrote:

> When I try to start the GNOME Display Manager compiled from the package
> gdm-2.3.90.1.tar.bz2 (and any other GNOME2 packages like nautilus), I
> get this assertion failur message:
>
> gdm (pid:15191): ** ERROR **: file corba-orb.c: line 126
> (CORBA_ORB_init): assertion failed: (ORBIT_ALIGNOF_CORBA_DOUBLE > 2)
> aborting...
> Trace/breakpoint trap
>
> When I look at that file's code, I find the assertion check but no hint
> as to what I am doing wrong.  I have compiled all of the packages from
> the GNOME2 desktop alpha (with the exceptions of gedit2 which needs some
> plugins that aren't in the .tar.bz2 and sawfish which needs a newer
> imlib (1.9.12) than I can find (1.9.11)) and installed them.  I have
> also set my LD_LIBRARY_PATH to have /usr/local/lib and I have set my
> path to include /usr/local/bin *before* /usr/bin.
>
> Many thanks and eagerly awaiting having this work,

	I've just answered this question on orbit-list, and I noticed
someone on irc was asking this question last night too ... So people,
I'd really like to figure out why this is happening a lot so I can fix
up ORBit2's configure ....

	Anyway look at

	http://mail.gnome.org/archives/orbit-list/2002-January/msg00128.html

	And please let me know how it goes :/