glib-2.0.1 installation problems..

Hi!

I d/l a program that required glib > 2.0.0
Therefore I first removed my current glib (1.2.10) and downloaded
glib-2.0.1. I followed the installation instructions very thorowly.
Then I tried to configure a program that required the glib.
I got the following output;

checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.6...
*** 'glib-config --version' returned 2.0.1, but GLIB (1.2.10)
*** was found! If glib-config was correct, then it is best
*** to remove the old version of GLIB. You may also be able to fix the error
*** by modifying your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment variable, or by editing
*** /etc/ld.so.conf. Make sure you have run ldconfig if that is
*** required on your system.
*** If glib-config was wrong, set the environment variable GLIB_CONFIG
*** to point to the correct copy of glib-config, and remove the file config.cache
*** before re-running configure

I assume that the removepkg of glib removed all the rests of 1.2.10. But apparently, no. I have looked through every header file in the include/glib-2.0
dir, without success. I also looked through the pkgtool/ dir, and all the .pc
files were correct. What is this all about? What can be left from 1.2.10?

And Q #2; Why does glib require pkgtool, which sets glib-1.2.8 as default? I
changed this script by hand to get it working.

Thank you in advance!

--
Best regards, Erik

Main: