GNOME 2.0 Platform Alpha Deadline - Sep 26, 2001

Ettore Perazzoli wrote:

> On Wed, 2001-09-19 at 14:54, Sander Vesik wrote:
> > >
> > >   ...And will not be in the near future anyways.

This is not what Miguel told me at linuxworld...:-)
maybe it depends on what one considers "near", my understanding
was that the port would begin right after Evolution 1.0.

It is really important that libgal be ported to GTK+-2.0 as soon as
possible,
primarily because otherwise all applications using libgal will be
inaccessible.  As accessibility is a key new feature of Gnome-2....

This doesn't have to happen for Gnome-2 platform release of course, if
libgal is not in the platform.  However it does need to happen before
the Gnome-2 distribution official release, in order for Evolution (for
instance) to be properly integrated with the (new) Gnome-2 platform.

-regards,

Bill