Re: Patch for bonobo to make it compile in PPC

Hi Ariel,

On 17 Sep 2001, Ariel Rios wrote:
> libbonobo compilation was failing at bonobo-types.c in
> bonobo_closure_invoke_va_list. The function G_VALUE_LCOPY (); was
> complaining about receiving a gpointer.  Here is the patch that makes
> it compile in ppc. Hope it ok. Ok to apply?

        Doh - I'll have to look at that myself - the gpointer mess is
totaly gratuitous breakage; sigh - sadly the fix doesn't fix things -
indeed anything with a return value will be badly broken, since we'll walk
off the end of the stack looking for the return value argument, sigh, we
really need to split the value return mechanism out into the non _va_list
chunk, so that we can va_start again.

        But wait ... I see Havoc committed it:

2001-09-17  Havoc Pennington  <hp redhat com>

        * bonobo/bonobo-types.c (bonobo_closure_invoke_va_list): patch
        from Ariel Rios to fix on Alpha, PPC

        Ok - so I must confess to having not tested it at all; but this
patch looks as if it will break bonobo utterly - no return values will be
returned correctly from closures so, eg. no factory will work. Not your
fault Ariel though - great to point it out.

        Hmm ... /me holds breath until he gets there in the build tree and
can test it himself.

        Regards,

                Michael.