Re: broken: pkg-config and $includedir/gnome-2.0

jacob berkman <jacob ximian com> writes:
> i've found some brokenness in how pkg-config handles having multiple
> versions of packages in $PKG_CONFIG_PATH.  i apologize for the lack of
> brevity in this mail, but the problem is a little complex.

It may simply be that pkg-config searches PKG_CONFIG_PATH backward. I
thought I'd fixed this in CVS, but I don't see the changelog entry. In
any case, not fixed in 0.8. In pkg.c:add_search_dir(), change the
list_prepend to list_append.

> so gnome maintainers, anyone have a problem with me fixing the include
> dirs not to be $includedir/gnome-2.0, but use
> $includedir/$PACKAGE-2.0 ?

I knew there had to be a reason gnome-2.0 was wrong, and you have
found it.

> pkg-config guys, thoughts?

I just woke up, but I didn't figure out yet why your algorithm would
have different results - give me a few minutes. ;-)

Note that the reason pkg-config scans dirs first is that you have to
load all the .pc files before you have the full package list (due to
pulling in dependencies).

Havoc