Re: my libglade hacks

Hi George,

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, George wrote:
> Or, if people write sane code they have type checks when getting a
> widget from libglade.  I have a piece of code called glade-helper in
> vicious-extensions, which does a type check and informs the user in a
> dialog that the installation is corrupted if it doesn't get the right
> widget type.

        Yes - that'd be really useful in some ways; we used to have a lot
of problems like this in gnumeric before we started installing the glade
files in versioned directories. More useful than the precice type would be
simply to check that a set of named widgets exist in the XML file, and
will return non-NULL when we suck them out.

        Regards,

                Michael.