Re: libfoo2 vs. libfoo
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org>
- Cc: jacob berkman <jacob ximian com>, gnome-2-0 <gnome-2-0-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: libfoo2 vs. libfoo
- Date: 15 Oct 2001 15:26:29 -0400
Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org> writes:
> Is there any way to do this without checking in a modified
> po/Makefile.in.in? Some autogen.sh scripts run gettextize and will
> overwrite this file. It also doesn't seem very robust against gettext
> version changes.
We shouldn't be running gettextize anyway. It creates the "intl"
subdir, which is _entirely_ useless throughout all of GNOME, because
GLib requires an actual gettext, you can't use the intl subdir.
All configure.in should be using AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT which handles
this correctly. Not to mention gettextize's busted-ass insistence on
If we don't want to cut-and-paste the po/Makefile.in.in around, we
should just have a "glib-gettexttize" that creates that file.
] [Thread Prev