Re: libfoo2 vs. libfoo

Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org> writes:
> Is there any way to do this without checking in a modified
> po/Makefile.in.in? Some autogen.sh scripts run gettextize and will
> overwrite this file. It also doesn't seem very robust against gettext
> version changes.

We shouldn't be running gettextize anyway. It creates the "intl"
subdir, which is _entirely_ useless throughout all of GNOME, because
GLib requires an actual gettext, you can't use the intl subdir.
All configure.in should be using AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT which handles
this correctly. Not to mention gettextize's busted-ass insistence on
modifying po/ChangeLog.

If we don't want to cut-and-paste the po/Makefile.in.in around, we
should just have a "glib-gettexttize" that creates that file.

Havoc