Re: why no odd numbered platforms

<quote who="Gerald Champagne">

> Wow, that's pretty fast.

Not really, there has been work going on with these for some time, and the
difference I'm pointing out is largely API frozen or not frozen.

> I guess I'd just call these two releases 1.5.0
> and 1.5.1 then.  Then go to 2.0 if it works.  It just removes some of
> the hesitation to release an intermediate version if it's just another point
> release in a development series.

If the release deserved a version number, it would probably have one. :)

> I know most have only even numbered stable releases, but I guess I was just
> comparing it to KDE 2.0, 2.1, 2.2.

KDE have a standard, GNOME has a standard. Do you think we should change
what we do? Why?

- Jeff

--
   "I think we agnostics need a term for a holy war too. I feel all left
                            out." - George Lebl