Re: GNOME 2 impressions

> > GTK+
> > - The default font size is too small. I copied gimp/themes/Default/gtkrc
> > to $HOME/.gtkrc-2.0 to fix this.

I don't know if this will help you, but I measured my monitor in millimeters,
and entered them into the file XF86Config-4 as

Section "Monitor"
   DisplaySize     300 200

All the fonts, everywhere, got totally better. The system no longer assumed I
had some impossibly small or large DPI setting, or something.

I suppose those whose Linux Distro's install programs probed their monitors
correctly may have entered these settings correctly, or something, so they
never saw the insect you did.

--
  Phlip                          phlip_cpp yahoo com
       http://www.greencheese.org/LucidScheming