Re: Status of gtkhtml(2)?

>Hey gang,
>>
>>So, Anders isn't sure if gtkhtml2 will be ready for GNOME 2.0. Isn't sure as
>>in "I dunno". :) Given that the gnomecc shell requires a version of gtkhtml,
>>we need to ship it as part of the Desktop release.
>>
>>Do we ship a ported gtkhtml 1, or...?
>
>I vote to push for gtkhtml2, since we need it (badly!) for accessibility work.
>We are planning to support ATK for it, which appears much less feasible for
>gtkhtml1.
>
>The reason it's so key for accessibility is because gecko is and will be totally
>inaccessible for the short term, so we need another HTML renderer for help and
>simple web-type content.

Not to mention the use Jeff originally mentioned - gnomecc.  Gnomecc *has* to be
accessible sometime at or near 2.0 (much preferably with 2.0 and not later) - and we
think doing this with a ported gtkhtml1 may not be feasible.

The alternative would be to produce gnomecc with two different HTML widgets (for
instance in 2.0 vs. 2.0.1), which seems like a bad thing.

-Bill

>-Bill

------
Bill Haneman x19279