Re: Review of libgnomeui's construct-time properties

On 18 Nov 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> James Henstridge <james daa com au> writes:
> > Why not just create the widgets unconditionally, and show/hide them
> > when the appropriate properties are set?  Or would this cause more
> > problems?
>
> Remember gtk_widget_show_all().

the gtkcontainer show_all implementation is actually buggy in that
it also shows children with the GTK_COMPOSITE_CHILD flag set.

composite containers should actually always either invoke
gtk_widget_set_composite_name() on the children they maintain
themselves, or gtk_widget_push_composite_child(),
gtk_widget_pop_composite_child() around creating those
children.

the show_all and hide_all implementations of gtkcontainer.c just need
to be fixed to not walk composite children as well, since their
state is solely maintained by the composite container implementation.

> Didn't we deprecate the AppBar? Too late now I suppose. :-(
>
> Havoc

---
ciaoTJ