Re: API freeze for GNOME 2
- From: Mark McLoughlin <mark skynet ie>
- To: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- Cc: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org>, <murrayc usa net>, gnome-2-0-list <gnome-2-0-list gnome org>, Gnome Hackers <gnome-hackers gnome org>, gnome-devel <gnome-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: API freeze for GNOME 2
- Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 10:15:50 +0000 (GMT)
On 13 Nov 2001, Owen Taylor wrote:
> While we aren't going to ship language bindings with 2.0, that doesn't
> mean that we should ignore there needs ... if language bindings
> need an API upgrade beyond 2.0, that means that they can't ship
> until we release 2.2.
Okay, here's a question ... or two:
* what is 2.2 planned to be - the first in the 2.x series
which has a full set of ported apps - or is that 2.0.x?
* will binary compatibility be maintained between 2.0, 2.2 up
This may have been discussed before, but I'm completely
unaware of what the plan is in this respect ...
] [Thread Prev