Reminder of dates

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 02:51:14PM -0800 or thereabouts, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> The GNOME 2.0 API freeze is on. The board has asked the release team
> to be more fascist about enforcing the freeze.

Just to add to this, a post I was going to make earlier this week.

The release schedule is up on http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/schedule/
and, to save your dingus-clicking finger, here. With the amazing ascii
progress-o-meter arrow, which will change the next time I post this.

  GNOME 2.0 Release Schedule

    October 24  Package List FREEZE - package list for Gnome 2.0 finalized
    October 31  PACKAGES DUE - Gnome 2. Platform Alpha 2
    November 2  RELEASE - Gnome 2.0 Platform Alpha 2
    November 2  API FREEZE - any further API changes must be individually
                approved [1]

 -> YOU ARE HERE. (Imagine a large red blob, if you will.)

    November 23 Feature FREEZE - no feature additions for core packages w/o
                approval of release team [1]
    December 5  PACKAGES DUE - Gnome 2.0 Beta 1
    December 7  RELEASE - Gnome 2.0 Beta 1
    December 21 UI FREEZE - no more UI changes w/o approval of release team [1]
    January 2   PACKAGES DUE - Gnome 2.0 Beta 2 [2]
    January 4   RELEASE - Gnome 2.0 Beta 2
    January 16  String FREEZE - no more localizable string changes w/o
                approval of release team [1]
    January 23  PACKAGES DUE - Gnome 2.0 Release Candidate 1
    January 25  RELEASE - Gnome 2.0 Release Candidate 1
    January 25  Deep FREEZE - release team approved fixes only from now
                to final [1]
    February 13 PACKAGES DUE - Gnome 2.0 final
    February 15 RELEASE - Gnome 2.0 final [2]

Notes

   1. The GNOME 2 release team will be enforcing the various freeze dates.
      If you have a change that breaks one of the freezes but that you feel
      must go in, please contact us so we can review the change.

      We will be much more likely to accept changes that are planned before
      the freeze date but don't quite make it, or changes that are agreed
      upon by all affected parties.

      We all need to do our best to make these freeze dates to get the
      release out on time.

   2. If you will be away around this date (or other package due dates),
      you must get your packages in early or designate someone else to do
      make a release.

Telsa