Re: API freeze for GNOME 2

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> On 13Nov2001 06:06PM (-0500), jacob berkman wrote:
> > On Tue, 2001-11-13 at 17:51, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> > >
> > > The GNOME 2.0 API freeze is on. The board has asked the release team
> > > to be more fascist about enforcing the freeze.
> > >
> > > Therefore we would like all GNOME 2 API changes to be run by the
> > > release team.
> > >
> > > No API changes should happen at this point without the release team
> > > knowing about them first.
> >
> > i assume this does not include glib / pango / atk / gtk+.
> >
> > am i incorrect?
> >

> My understanding was that the board did not intend such an
> exception. Owen and Havoc were there and did not say anything about
> it. In fact, they said Gtk+ and affiliated libraries were essentially
> frozen except for one change that was partially done in cvs.

Hmm. I have an important outstanding patch that changes the API
for PangoFT2. Only users are GtkFB (me), Canvas (me) and the Gimp (sven
seemed ok with this change, although he has not commented on the details
yet). The normal parts of the pango API are unchanged.

I'm awaiting review by owen on this though.

/ Alex