Re: Review of libgnomeui's construct-time properties

On Mon, 2001-11-12 at 00:27, Michael Meeks wrote:

> Hi Murray,
>
> On 10 Nov 2001, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > I have just reviewed all the *_new functions in libgnomeui to check
> > that all the widgets use construct-time properties instead of doing
> > custom stuff in *_new. I have ignored deprecated widgets.
>
>         Wow - that's great work :-)
>
> > I'll start making a patch for this if the maintainer agrees.
>
>         This is really good news; please do !

I'm having real problems with this.

1.
The construct-time properties for some widgets such as GnomeAppBar and
GnomeDruidPageEdge would have to be set in exactly the correct order.
Even if this was acceptable, I'd have to change the order of the
parameters to some _new() functions to show this.

2.
Some widgets, such as GnomeFileEntry, and GnomeIconEntry already use the
deprecated gtk args system for similar stuff. Maybe I should convert
these to use the properties system instead. But I'm worried that I won't
know about other code that uses the old args system until we get runtime
bug reports later.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net