Re: GNOME 2.0 Developer Platform Alpha 2, "Antipodean Mornings"

On Fri, 2001-11-09 at 23:42, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> murrayc t-online de (Murray Cumming) writes:
> > I'd like some assurance that we'll be able to add construct-time
> > properties later. I'm finding that GTK+ is missing a few of these,
> > which are showstoppers for language bindings. I expect to have
> > reviewed all of GTK+ soon, but I might not get to the GNOME widgets
> > for a while.
> >

> We may just need to do some workarounds in the language bindings for
> now. It can be done. 1.2 was wrapped, and it was missing these left
> and right. Where it's really impossible to work around, often we can
> fix things to allow a workaround, without requiring new API.

gnomemm 1.2 contained a lot of copied private gnome-libs code beause of this:
http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/gtk--/gnome--/gnome--/construct_copies.cc#22

This doesn't seem like a good solution.

> There are many other API deficiencies, life sucks. We have to lock
> things down and get the release out.

Surely I at least have a couple of weeks to get this fixed? It doesn't
break the source or binary API?

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net