Re: [Nautilus-list] GNOME user environment brainstorming

Bastien Nocera wrote:

> Windows uses "Execute...", not "Start".

For that specific feature, yes, you're quite right... I was just
referring to the fact that M$ spent who-knows-how-much money on a whole
advertising campaign that revolved around the "Start" button!

> Execute is a fine wording for it, because it's exactly what it does.

It does, if you know what "execute" means.  However, some people
(especially women, at the risk of sounding sexist!) have been shown to
be really uncomfortable with these sorts of words that carry other
aggressive connotations-- "execute", "abort", "kill" etc., which are all
in common usage, especially on *NIX systems.  It would be nice if we
could find some nicer, cuddlier, fluffier words instead so we didn't
alienate half our potential audience before we started  :o)

Cheeri,
Calum.