Re: [gnome-love] Re: GNOME user environment brainstorming

Glynn Foster wrote:
> I think it would also be pretty neat, and in some cases essential, that
> the system admin could completely lock down GNOME configuration wise...
> so that no user could configure his/her own desktop. I can just see this
> being really useful in large companies with evil system admins :)

Specifically with the GNOME system menus I think it is very important for
sysadmins to be able to lock down a "common set of menu items" and allow regular
users to only add (not delete,modify) their own items for personal
customisation.

I notice that (Ximian) GNOME 1.4 has this for adding items to the "Documents"
section, but doesn't allow entry elsewhere.

This is one (of several :( things holding back GNOME on Solaris being rolled out
at my current workplace.

Michael...
--
michaeld senet com au

This message was sent using SE Net Webmail.
http://webmail.senet.com.au/