Re: New Feature

> > Quite simply, a file icon is added to the Save As dialog box which may
> > be dragged to
> >     (a) a File Manager window, or
> >     (b) another application.
>
> I've always wanted the opposite, to be able to drag a directory from the
> file manager to a file dialog and make the dialog go to that directory.
> This always seemed such a natural thing for me, but your scheme is equally
> powerfull.
>
> / Alex

The only problem with dragging a directory to a file dialog is that you may
be currently viewing the contents of the desired directory, so you will have
to go "Up" then drag the directory across.  Unless of course if you could
drag the large directory icon in the sidebar panel across... I think that
that icon should behave just like any other directory icon anyway
(right-click menu, drag-n-drop) although I haven't brought it up anywhere
yet.  If you could drag that icon across, I don't see any reason why both
the scheme that you proposed and the one that I proposed couldn't both be
implemented--this would give greater consistency to the drag-n-drop metaphor
presumably (drag anything onto anything else such that there's some semantic
meaning in the drag operation, and have it do the logically best thing that
the drag can be interpreted as).

Luke Hutchison.