Re: [gnome-love] GNOME user environment brainstorming

> - Downplay web browser aspect; Mozilla/Galeon encouraged for real
>   browsing. (Alternative: follow Galeon and try to be a full web
>   browser, but seems like it would cause a lot of clutter.)

Nautilus, Mozilla, and Galeon hackers could comment on this better
than I could, but how possible would it be to combine the codebases
more?  In other words, through the use of components, combine
features.  Instead of Nautilus using the mozilla component and galeon
using it too and both having their own set of add-ons and
configuration dialogs, etc., use the same set of components for
browsing, menus, bookmark handling, configuration.

What I'm getting at is that it's really nice to have have the right
components in place so that it all just works.  Konqueror, and
Internet Explorer are great examples of this.  So basically what I'm
suggesting is that if the components could be written and fitted
together properly, when you browse the web from within Nautilus, it
would look a whole lot like Galeon.  Of course you might also be able
to have the Nautilus sidebar open, perhaps another pane where you're
browsing files, etc.

Thoughts?

name:    Jamin Philip Gray
email:   jgray writeme com
icq:     1361499
jabber:  jamin jabber com
web:     http://DoLinux.org/jamin/

If you want to know if someone is good, you can't ask them what their
worldview is.  You need to ask them what they love.