Removing duplicate occurences from dependency_libs

Hi,

somewhere between libtool 1.3.x and 1.4, you did the following:

====
1999-12-15  Thomas Tanner  <tanner ffii org>

        * ltmain.in: don't remove multiple occurences from dependency_libs
          of a library, otherwise many dependencies would get lost

====

If you have a "complicated" dependency setup, this will slow down linking
in a very extreme way (it is more than 5 times slower for me) because I get
libraries like -lm or -ldl listed over 30 times in the dependency_libs.

Is it possible to add an argument to libtool to get back the old behavior,
for instance -unique-dependency-libs ?

Here's a patch for this:

Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)