Re: Massive link lines ...

Michael Meeks <michael ximian com> writes:
> Anyone know how all this crud got into the system ? and / or what to do
> about it:

It's frequently useful to try and get ALL your libraries in one call
to pkg-config so it can remove duplicates, i.e. prefer this:

 ALL_LIBS=`pkg-config --libs foobar >= 2.0 baz = 1.5.3`

to two calls:

 FOOBAR_LIBS=`pkg-config --libs foobar >= 2.0`
 BAZ_LIBS=`pkg-config --libs baz = 1.5.3`
 ALL_LIBS="$FOOBAR_LIBS $BAZ_LIBS"

anyhow, this works as long as you're only using stuff with pkg-config
support, gnome-vfs is the main problem right now I think.

pkg-config is technically sort of broken I guess since it
unconditionally strips duplicates, but I think for our use-cases it's
fine to do that.

Havoc