Re: About GNOME 2.0 - The end of a dream

On Sun, Jun 17, 2001 at 04:19:16PM +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> >     "
> >       - Gnome 2.0
> >
> >         There is concerns that people are adding to HEAD, not stabilizing
> >         it, working that way there is few chances we can ship in time.
> >
> >         Seems that porting the stable branch to GTK-2.0 sounds a more
> >         reliable way to end up with something stable. Some libgnome
> >         APIs needs to be removed by their new GTK counterparts, but
> >         we should avoid unstable changes at the Gnome level.
> >     "
> >
> I am really surprised. Was that really decided on the board, or is just
> a personal opinion from someone on the board?

  When there is a decision taken it ends up in the special section at
the top of the minutes I take. I think the wording using 'Seems', 'sounds'
and 'should' should have made clear it was a discussion, not a decision
process. Sorry if this was unclear.

Daniel

Sep 17-18 2001 Brussels Red Hat TechWorld http://www.redhat-techworld.com