Re: gnome-libs 2.0 API

On 23 Jun 2001 01:52:43 +0200, ERDI Gergo wrote:
> On 23 Jun 2001, Martin Baulig wrote:
>
> > The GNOME 2.0 version of GnomeMDI contains a (preliminary) version of
> > window-in-window support (like in MS Office, for instance).
>
> I was hoping that this was considered a dead-end and is removed from
> libgnomeui. First, the way I remember it is implemented is totally
> X-unfriendly in that it draws its child windows by itself into a single
> window, thus having its own WM and whatnot.

"me too"

Has much work been put into window-in-window? It would be a shame to
waste it but I really think we could devote our resources to other
goals.

--
Peter Williams     peter newton cx / peterw ximian com

"Why should I have to change my name? He's the one who
sucks!"                              -- Michael Bolton