Re: libgnome: User level

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 11:27:44PM -0500, Cody Russell wrote:
> Hi Martin and hackers,
>
> I was thinking we should add the concept of user level, like
> Eel/Nautilus currently has, to libgnome.  This is a cool feature that
> can only be cooler if it applies to the entire desktop.
>
> So, pretty much:
>
> int  gnome_preferences_get_user_level (void);
> void gnome_preferences_set_user_level (int user_level);
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?  Can I add this?

The concept seems nice, but why add to the api ?
Colm's recent proposal to start standardising configuration keys
seems like the best place for this.

eg
    /GNOME/user_level

This shrinks the api, and gives us updatability.  Hopefully, the new
conf mechanism will support this per user with defaults for a groups
and systems.