Re: Suggestion - discuss in orderly fashion

Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:

> All the threads seem to be coming back over and over again to
> the same GConf vs. bonobo-conf* issues, which get argued
> again and again.
>
> Why don't we:
>
>  A) Find someone to write up a summary
>  B) Everybody contributes to the summary until they are happy
>     that it covers all viewpoints.
>  C) Then restart the discussion from there if need be.

Good idea.

But I'd like to suggest doing

D) Find someone who maintains libgnome and libgnomeui and then have this
   maintainer find some people who actually work on it.

first.

If we fail with D), the whole discussion is lame since libgnome(ui) is dead
and there's nothing to discuss anymore.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)